This is NOT a sponsored post. I received a free trial in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions are solely my own.
Imagine not having to find storage solutions for a mountain of toys. Imagine your kid playing with that pricey toy you couldn’t afford a week ago. Imagine your child getting to pick out a new toy every month! Pley.com brings that wild imagination of yours into reality!
Pley is like an online toy library. For $12.99 a month (shipping extra) your child can select a new toy to rent, and swap it out for a new one when they are finished playing. It’s really that easy! They even pick up the return postage so save your shipping box!
My kids were over the moon when I asked them help me review this service, “I’ve never been a toy reviewer before!” They were simply excited when the big box arrived. We selected something totally different than any toy we have at home currently, the Hexbug Nano V2 Helix 180. This was supposed to arrive with 40 pcs. but there were a few parts missing. Thankfully the instructions were included so we could see how to assemble. The set included a battery operated bug that danced and wiggled it’s way through the tubular design. My kids thought this was the most hilarious thing ever! Unfortunately, the batteries died shortly after our toy arrived and it was quickly abandoned.
This toy retails for around $35, but the monthly subscription cost is less than half that price! There’s no rush to return a toy if your kid is really loving it. Simply skip returning it for the month and you are covered under your subscription price. When you are ready to select a new toy, send it back and the next one on your list is sent out right away. Did I mention they have Lego sets? Once your child has mastered building with a set, send it back for a new one! No more sorting! No more searching for storage containers!
WHAT WE LOVED
- All toys are sanitized before sent.
- Return postage is prepaid. Simply apply the label and leave out for your postal carrier.
- My kids get to play with pricier toys I normally won’t spring for.
- The excitement of opening a new toy.
- Access to an unlimited selection.
- No need to find storage space.
- All parts come in zipper mesh bags to keep all pieces together.
- They have BABY toys! I wish I knew when my kids were babies. The outgrow toys so quickly!
WHAT WE DIDN’T LOVE
- Because it wasn’t our own toy I couldn’t just toss it in a bin and out of sight.
- I am in love with the concept. But managing a subscription service is an extra thing for me to keep track of.
- The batteries in our toy died quickly. Which resulted in disappointment.
Overall, the quality of the toy was great! The kids were excited to try out a new toy and I didn’t have to step on any little pieces! I highly recommend using Pley.com to save money and space in your home! This would make a really fun holiday or birthday gift for your favorite little one!
Have you tried a toy subscription service yet?
The Whatever Mom is a twin mom learning to let go of perfection. She shares her real life struggles with parenting through her blog and contributes her time and talents as a writer to Hudson Valley Parent and Masshole Mommy. When she isn’t writing you can find her chugging coffee, folding laundry and not judging other parents. Don’t forget to subscribe via email so you never miss a blog post again! You can also find her work featured on Mamapedia